From pools to pool tables, find out how to make your home ready for vacation rentals
. Vacation home rentals have never been more popular—and for good reason. They have all the comforts of home in neighborhoods that sit square in the middle of all the action; plus, they’re usually only a fraction of the price of high-end hotels that once dominated the vacation getaway.
Not only that, but with room to spare, travelers can experience authentic family vacations. Everyone has their own bed, and adults and children can socialize and play without tripping over one another.
But what is it that these home-away-from-home adventurers look for in their perfect rental? What elements does a vacation property require to score rental after rental--one that provides visitors memories to cherish and an owner bankable income?
Here are five essential amenities that renters want in a vacation home.
1. Fast and Reliable WiFi
Even when we go on vacation, we want to stay connected. Smartphones, tablets, laptops, watches--people want their tech to work just as it does at home.
This means fast, reliable wifi that can easily handle a ton of connected devices at one time is a must in every rental. For bigger vacation homes, that wifi also needs to extend to every spot where a renter might hope to connect wirelessly.
2. A Dreamy Kitchen
People usually commit to group travel for three main reasons: family, fun, and food. When the family goes the vacation home route, that last item is vitally important.
Meals are some of the best times for people to socialize with each other when vacationing. Renters expect a kitchen experience in which they can cook, eat, and visit comfortably. This translates into well-designed kitchens that include:
- Professional grade, stainless steel appliances
- High-end coffee makers or single cup machines like a Nespresso or Keurig (with a variety of pods)
- Common small appliances and a well-stocked assortment of dishes, tableware, pots, and pans
3. A Little Bit of Luxury
As a general rule, vacation homes should be luxurious. It’s the best and biggest houses in the most popular locations that genuinely make people feel they are on vacation.
That thirst for luxury accommodations extends to more minor touches that may not seem important but can make the home rental experience even more memorable. Think about adding accents such as:
- Granite or marble countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Large capacity, front loading washer and dryer sets in the laundry room
- Premium accents like quality bedding and large, absorbent bathroom towels
- Basic toiletries like new, travel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and hand soap
- Holiday decorations
4. Bigger and Better Entertainment Options
Escapism is what vacationing is all about. Whether that means soaking in the sun on a beach or hitting the slopes with a mountain retreat, people want to get away. This also holds true for how they spend their time inside their chosen vacation rental, where the following are a must:
- Large screen televisions with cable and surround sound in family, media, or game rooms
- Smaller televisions in each bedroom
- Well-outfitted game rooms with foosball, pool, or ping-pong tables
- Outdoor patio or balcony space with plenty of seating and options for grilling
Finally, it isn’t a vacation unless your rental has its own private pool. Of course, this may not always be a possibility based on a home's size and location, but renters will gravitate to homes with a pool (or at the very least a hot tub or jacuzzi).
For more home design tips, check out our blog
. If you’re planning to relocate the Boulder area, contact us
today. We would love to help you find your perfect piece of Boulder real estate.