From a top-notch food scene to skiing opportunities galore, here are four things to love about Denver
1. It’s a City That’s Arrived
The US is full of trendy, up-and-coming cities. You have Atlanta and Dallas in the South, Seattle in the Northwest, and Denver in the Southwest.
2. It’s a Foodie’s Paradise
The best cities in the world are often defined by their cuisine, and the Denver dining scene is hot and only getting hotter. A few of the buzziest restaurants include Bang Up to the Elephant on Capitol Hill and Julep in the Arts District. If you like a little Italian with your mountain air, try Tavernetta in the Lower Historic Downtown District. For some Spanish fare, it's hard to top Ultreia, also in LoDo’s hopping Union Station.
3. It’s a Gateway to the Best Ski Resorts in the World
Considering Denver is located in the heart of the state, we would be doing a disservice by not mentioning its proximity to everyone’s favorite mountain activity--skiing. Denver is less than a two-hour drive from the following ski playgrounds: Vail, Breckenridge, Winter Park, Beaver Creek, Keystone Resort, and Copper Mountain.
4. There is Truly Something for Everyone
- Red Rocks Amphitheater
- The Denver Botanic Gardens
- Downtown Aquarium
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts
- Local Pro Teams including the Avalanche, Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, and Rapids
- Larimer Square
- 16th Street Mall
- Coors Brewing Company
- Museum of Contemporary Art